Apr 23 2019 - 12:00am until
Apr 30 2019 - 12:00am
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Manila, Philippines
Albert Eringfeld [email protected]
Are you interested in exporting to Vietnam and the Philippines? Alberta Agriculture and Forestry, in partnership with other Canadian provinces, industry associations and the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service, are looking to lead a trade mission for Canadian food, beverage and food ingredient’s companies to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Manila, Philippines April 23 to 30, 2019. This mission will provide an excellent opportunity for Alberta agri-food companies to explore new markets and to develop relationships with potential customers and partners in both countries. Vietnam’s large population and growing middle class along with its rapidly developing modern food retail sector and tourism industry are just some of the factors driving market demand for imported quality food products. Canada’s new trade agreement, the CPTPP, establishes duty-free access for a range of Canadian food and beverages exports to Vietnam. Also with a large population, the Philippines’ key economic growth drivers include an expanding middle class, and fast growing retail, food service and food processing industries. This seven-day program may include:
• Market overviews in both Vietnam and the Philippines including opportunities and challenges, market access concerns and recommended market entry strategies.
• Perspectives from Vietnam and Philippines food and beverage importers.
• B2B matchmaking sessions and company outreach meetings. • Retail store tours to gain market intelligence. • Visit to Food and Hotel Vietnam 2019 show with exhibiting option. (Note: Program may change based on availability of presenters and participating companies)
To be eligible to participate in this mission you must be an Alberta company that:
• may not have export experience, but are prepared, organized and highly committed to expanding internationally, or
• has some export experience and are determined to leverage those successes into new export markets. Eligible Expenses Companies may be eligible for a grant to help offset travel costs through The Canadian Agricultural Partnership program under Products to Market – Stream B.
There is no registration fee to participate.
Canada's Trade Accelerator Program (TAP)
Sep 1 2020 - 12:00am to
Sep 1 2020 - 12:00am